Thursday, September 4, 2008

08. Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette



Date Cooked: August 31, 2008
Recipe: 8
Page: 83

Ok, Ok… I can hear the groans now and those few readers I have are probably already trying to click to some other blog. But I have an excuse. We were on vacation and I didn’t feel like going grocery shopping so we used what we had in the house, which meant the last of the salad greens before they began to wilt into a slimy mess.

Salad dressings and vinaigrettes are quick and easy to make so they were perfect candidates for fulfilling my cook-through project while under time constraints and limited fresh items. The vinaigrette recipe suggested using a jar to mix the ingredients in. I was trying to remember where I had stored the mason jars we bought several months ago, when we thought we would try to make preserves (yeah that never quite happened), when I remembered I had a single jar in the cupboard that was from some gift basket thing and since I am a pack rat of sorts I washed it thinking it could one day be useful. That was an absolutely atrocious sentence. I apologize for anyone that needed to waste time trying to read through that more than once. Anyway, the jar, so I filled it with the simple list of ingredients (garlic, oil, sour cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and vinegar), gave it a vigorous shake and was done.

My wife loved this vinaigrette and I am told I will be making it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs