Tuesday, February 17, 2009

64. Herbed Spinach Dip

Date Cooked: February 1, 2009
Page: 12
Rating: C-

I like spinach dips. I really love spinach dips with pumpernickel bread. For Superbowl Sunday I decided to cook up a few appetizers and this herbed spinach dish was one of them. I had so much frozen spinach in the freezer that this was a good chance to start using it up.

Not a hard dish to put together. Spinach was thawed out and squeezed to remove excess water. Everything then gets a spin in the food processor. Your basics were all present and accounted for, mayonnaise, sour cream, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley and dill. In addition red pepper and some hot sauce were thrown in. A simple recipe to make.

Rating: C-. This dish tasted mildly of fish. I don’t know what happened but I suspect the spinach. It absolutely turned everyone off the dip. What a waste of food! I’m sure it was the quality of the spinach which concerns me because I have more of it in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs