Thursday, December 3, 2009

118. Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Rub



Date Cooked: November 30, 2009
Page: 327
Rating: B-

This was a component for some simple broiled chicken that we decided to have. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture prior to using this rub on the chicken so the picture is of the chicken. As with most rubs this one was rather simple to put together. I started with some cloves of garlic mauled by a garlic press. Into this I added some lemon zest and some freshly minced rosemary from my rosemary plant which is still growing strong on my front porch, even though we don’t water it and the temperatures have started dropping below freezing at night. I might need to bring it in next to my basil plant soon. Lastly some ground black pepper was added. This rub was spread under the skin of the chicken breasts before cooking. When the chicken was almost done cooking a mixture of oil and lemon juice was added.

Rating: B-. It’s hard to rate something like this since it is not meant to be eaten on its own. But I was not a fan of the taste it imparted to the chicken. The rosemary was definitely dominant. I would imagine this could be better with less rosemary and more garlic.

3 comments:

  1. Huh, rosemary sounds like my kind of plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I managed to kill mine. I do not have a green thumb. But this rub looks yummy to me, I love rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IKWYM - I can only take so much rosemary.

    (I killed a rosemary too. Apparently you can underwater them after all.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs