Wednesday, November 5, 2008

33. Fluffy Scrambled Eggs


Date Cooked: November 1st, 2008
Page: 629
Rating: B-

What Saturday morning breakfast would be complete without eggs, and since my kids are picky eaters they would have to be scrambled eggs. The book pretty much lays out cooking scrambled eggs the way I would normally do it (except it calls for more milk than I would traditionally use).

Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and they cook them until just before you think they are done. That is the part that took me a long time to learn… or at least put into practice. I really don’t like undercooked eggs, I’ll come short of hating them since I like runny yolks but undercooked egg whites or undercooked scrambled eggs really turn me off. So I always cook them a little longer and then they get all dried out. So I managed to stop short this time and was pleased with the results… or almost. I know why I use less milk.

Rating: B- They turned out nice but the milk resulted in a moister egg that left a lot of liquid behind in the serving bowl. They weren’t undercooked but just ‘wet’.

While this is a short post the next breakfast item was a good one. And I even tried my hand at some more baking!

3 comments:

  1. The KEY is NOOOOO milk! You HAVE to try it! I even blogged about it. Trust me!

    http://livinglocalnh.blogspot.com/2008/10/vintage-thingies-thursday-breakfast.html

    :)
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy to get fluffy scrambled eggs and urgh..yeah, I kinda agree with Virginia. Milk maybe not the best thing in scrambled eggs. That said, I have always made sunny side and omelette, so what do I know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try the no milk recipe since I have A LOT of eggs in my fridge. I get farm fresh eggs delivered every 2 weeks and I haven't quite been consuming them fast enough. Scrambled eggs are a quick and tasty way to use them up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs